Advanced Olympic Weightlifting Clinic
Upcoming Advanced Weightlifting Clinics
June 4, 2017 – Revere CrossFit, MA
June 11, 2017 – CrossFit DRS Athletics, CA
July 23, 2017 – CrossFit Invulnerable, CT
August 6, 2017 – CrossFit 91:10, NM
August 20, 2017 – CrossFit Italian Village, OH
August 27, 2017 – CrossFit Pittsburgh, PA
September 2, 2017 – OMEGA Fitness LLC, PA
October 1, 2017 – Jakabol CrossFit, Argentina
October 29, 2017 – CrossFit Boom, TX
November 12, 2017 – CrossFit Hildesheim, Germany
November 19, 2017 – CrossFit Aveiro, Portugal
In our advanced clinic, we immediately dig deep into Olympic weightlifting technique in order to give you an edge – working on perfecting your start position, developing a stronger, more powerful pull, and getting you able to execute a full squat clean and squat snatch with power and speed.
Prerequisite: We ask that you have taken our Olympic Weightlifting 101 course or have at least six months of Olympic lifting / CrossFit experience before taking this clinic.
$149 (if paid in advance – $159 at the door)
Includes Fortius Weightlifting Clinic Shirt from Livesore!
Typical Advanced Olympic Weightlifting Clinic Outline
Mastering the Pull (Snatch and Clean & Jerk)
- Training the key positions and bar path for optimal lifting
- Perfecting your starting position for each lift
- Mastering the transition phase – what it is and how to negotiate it successfully
- Teaching you exercises to develop a stronger pull
Mastering the Squat Under (Snatch and Clean & Jerk)
- Mastering “meeting the bar” – what it is and how to execute it successfully
- Working on speed and elbow position in the transition from pull to catch
- Training on drills to enable you to complete a full squat clean and squat snatch
Mastering the Overhead Position (Overhead Squat and Jerk)
- Extensive work on getting the bar overhead, and keeping it there
We will also go over programming – teaching you how to incorporate an Olympic lifting / strength program into your regular CrossFit or other sport routine to help increase your overall strength, speed, and power.
There will be an hour at the end to work on the skills you learned and attempt some new PR’s! Coaches will be able to give you video feedback on your technique during this time!
Lead Instructor: David Miller, USA Weightlifting International Coach (Level 4)
Assistant Instructor: Jesse Malcomb, USA Weightlifting Senior National Coach (Level 2) & USA Powerlifting Senior National Coach